Sunday, December 30, 2012

1 / 0

So we we released Digital Kingyo almost a week back. We decided to release it for free for a week (it's still free for those of you looking), and we've gotten some pretty good feedback.

What surprised me though, was that two people had opted to pay money for the single.

It surprised me, since I'm used to even people who really like my music telling me they downloaded it or otherwise got it for free.

That someone out there liked our music enough that they wanted to throw money at us in the hopes that we would make more is a pretty big thing for a musician.

It showed me that even while we don't make nearly enough money making music to pay the bills, there are still people out there who would like to see us at that point someday.

It's as big as the difference between 1 and 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment